Friday, June 18, 2010

Apology


As a blogger you often develop an insecurity to keep your blog updated and it gets difficult when you are running short of your creativity juice, and worse at times when you lack the thing called writing talent. So in that case like most bollywood scriptwriters and music director you tend to go for what they euphemistically say inspiration. On two different occasions, going through such phases I came across two brilliantly written blog posts I have ever read and couldn’t resist playing a plagiarist. Fortunately (yes fortunately I mean) author of one such post came to know this and that person is gentleman enough to carry no hard feelings for my mistake if I admit it and delete the post. I said fortunately because it will serve as a long time lesson. I already have deleted both of those posts and this publicly written apology is to make that gentleman feel that I am ashamed of it and this post here is a testimony of that. Sir if you are reading this, I hope you may forgive me for it.

20 comments:

Krish Ashok said...

Admire your candour to come out clean with this. Respect. It's harder to do this than to write something original.

neo said...

Hi Saurabh,

By writing this apology the way you have, you've shown that your heart is in the right place, and I admire and respect that.

I wish you the very best, and thanks. :)

Thanks,

-Neo

V said...

Respect to you for accepting in public :)
It takes guts to do that.

Kapil Dalwani said...

awesome dude. I read both the post. I think your apology is very well written.!

Kiran said...

Hi Saurabh,

I was one of the bloggers to quickly criticise you when I saw the plagiarised post. However, with this well-worded apology, you have cleared any mis-givings regarding the intentions; and you have earned my respect (and I am sure, of several other bloggers as well).

Wishing you all the best.

Anonymous said...

You have my respect man!

RD said...

Commendable!

Respects,
RD

Anonymous said...

That was very nice. A wonderful gesture. Congrats & Best of Luck.

Anonymous said...

I'll say what's been said already, but your sincerity merits it: It takes courage and a large heart to say what you just did :)

Please keep writing; let this once incident not come in your way.

Good luck! :)

g

Saurabh Rai said...

@All.. The considerate way in which my apology has been received means a lot.. thanks everyone..

Boundlessdreamz said...

It takes courage to come out with a public apology.awesome!

Ghostkadost said...

Buddy it takes courage to do what you have just done. Hope your creative juice never dries up!

Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Saurabh. Very courageous of you.

Keep writing.

Hobbes said...

I cant feel any sympathy fr you mate ... I know how it feels to be so blatantly ripped off. Then again, if bigger and better bloggers such as Krish Ashok and Neo themselves can forgive you, I cant say anything more.

Cheers!

Nitpicker said...

Is it just me or you just got away by using the words 'public apology' without actually apologizing? Something on the lines of..'Sorry' or 'I apologize for...'.

Maybe it's just me.

Oh, comment moderation. :-D

Anand Ramachandran said...

Cheers mate. Respect.

Anonymous said...

I wrote a comment on your original post and was also the first person to write to your friend about this incident.
Like everyone else has said, it takes courage to write a public apology and own up like this.
Glad to hear you have learnt from this and are moving on.
Good luck and keep writing!

Unknown said...

Now I am your follower!

Jaynth said...

What an emotional situation....

shail said...

This is indeed a very commendable action you took. :) Best wishes to keep writing.