Monday, November 17, 2008

Grow up kids

After two and a half tedious and lingering hours, of mindless scribing and arduous scrimmage with my newfangled awareness developed just yesterday, I finally called it a day and left the hall. Though still half an hour was left, I didn’t bother to have another look at my performance. I believe I am impeccable at vomiting down the otherwise worthless set of information’s which I have assimilated for the day. To add reason to my excuse I must admit that I just want to end the entire trauma as early as possible.

Right outside the hall I was forcefully drawn in in what I genuinely hate. Peers and few peerless strangers greeted with the “How was it boss? So brother you are fetching an O grade” chestnut and started discussing the questions. I nevertheless managed to skip the futility. On my way back to dorm I found few inhabitants of my nest acting as robotically as they could, holding the paper with stretched hands while keeping the eye either on questions or on the other guys (or gal) and vocalizing the answers garrulously. I noticed that the guy with guys sounded conceited on scoring more and the one with gal sounded pathetic as if he is responsible for her scoring lesser. Anyway they were enjoying the moment (I wonder how or why) not concerned to glance frontward as if they don’t mind whatever they might bump into.

Back at dorm my primary desire was to assuage my appetite, closely chased by the secondary wish to catch the highlights of Yuvi’s centurion innings against England and then to shape a long serene sleep. I was peacefully having my lunch sitting in front of the T.V. when those morons emerged there too and started examining, re-examining and re-re-examining their answers. At once the lunch which was till then palatable became insipid. Given my hunger I anyhow swallowed it and left immediately.

Finally I entered my room in hunt of solace only to locate the assiduous and diligent ‘maggu’ of my room busy analyzing his performance lively with few others. Now that was the limit. I couldn’t stand it any more. For sometime I doubted whether I was missing something by not being a part of it, Is something wrong with me for I am not able to even minutely praise what they so immensely pursue. I thought for few minutes only and the apprehensions evaporated. I re-realized this is so juvenile to be involved in.

I think somebody should soon ask these ‘kid Engineers’ around me to GROW UP. May be I should make them listen to Floyd’s ‘Another Brick In The Wall’ but I guess they won’t appreciate that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But do you think 'Another brick in the wall' is a standard to measure matureness.. :-)
I am very mature then.. :-)
And by the way you are losing your patience.