Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Inspired Folly

Last ten week long summer vacation, which I spent away from home and thus which lasted as long as decades; and yet ended so soon, I re-read Salman Rushdie's Midnight children and was once again caught by his "Magical Realism". The genius in him manipulated the fool in me to think of writing something of my own. Yes, after spending a considerable time of over an year with “Plausible Contemplation” I have begun fooling myself into thinking myself as a “to be author” of some accord (howsoever miniscule).

Thus I thought of starting with a short story, deciding not to stretch it over more than five pages, but the creative juice in me kept on overflowing and thus the “to be a short story” transformed into a “novella”, which fueled by the enthusiasm of having written something creditable was further elongating itself into a novel just before the long vacation regrettably ended. The dreary routine which invaded my life after it dried all the juicy emotions and thus the work ended in between.

Now the only valuable purpose which the curtailed work of a once an enthusiast fool could possibly serve is to augment the number of post on his blog and thus I have decided to pursue the intelligent decision. So below are few extract from different incomplete chapters, which now I could just imprudently dream to complete one day.

No comments: